In the Name box, input a name for the Content Item.
If an item is to be added that is already in a different Unit, click the Select existing item name list, and select the item that is to be added.
Click the Item Type list arrow to select the type of item that is to be added to the Content.
• Text/Multimedia – This option should be chosen when documents are to be loaded as an attachment or when text is to be entered directly into the text box. Different types of items may be added such as text, images, and links to websites.
• Microsoft Office Document – Choose this option when Microsoft Office files are to be loaded for the introduction to the unit. These files will be converted to HTML format when they are loaded.
• Exam – This item is used to evaluate student performance. When an exam item is created it is possible to add pages, add and edit questions, add and edit pools of questions, use existing exam test banks, and add and edit quiz and exam information.
• Threaded Discussion – This option is used to simulate traditional classroom discussions. A threaded discussion allows students to post comments to a discussion topic, react to their students’ comment, and respond to ideas shared by the instructor or by others in the course. When discussions are used, students can respond to a thread at any time, other students do not have to be logged into the course in order for a response to be posted.
• Web Content Upload - Use this option when uploading HTML text, PDF files, or other content created outside the Visual Editor. Use this to upload media files, graphics, PDFs, or any other files that are not created with Microsoft Office programs. When the students view the file, it will be in the format of the program it was created in.
Step 5: Select the Unit to which the item is to be added from the Add to list.
Optional: Click the Hide Items from Students check box if this item is not to be viewed by the students in the course.
Click the Create dropbox basket check box if the item is to have an area where the students can submit the assignment to the instructor.
Step 6: Click Add Items to add a single item to the Unit. Click Save & Add More Items if additional items are to be added to the Unit.