- VoiceThread - a collaborative, multimedia slideshow that allows for voice, text, and "doodle" comments from those you share the thread
- What is a blog?
- Blogs in Plain English
- Blogger -
Blogger is a free blogging tool powered by Google.
- WordPress -
Free & easy to set up blog site.
- EduBlogs -
Free blogs for Educators
- Tumblr -
Tumblr lets you effortlessly share anything. Post text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos, from your browser, phone, desktop, email, or wherever you happen to be.
- Wiki in Plain English
- WetPaint -
A Wetpaint website is built on the power of collaborative thinking. Here, you can create websites that mix all the best features of wikis, blogs, forums and social networks into a rich, user-generated community based around the whatever-it-is that rocks your socks. A social website that’s so easy to use, anyone can participate.
Wikispaces is an easy to use wiki site to create your own collaborative environment online.
- Google Docs
Create and edit web-based documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Store documents online and access them from any computer.
- Entri.co - Free & Simple Collaborative Document Sharing Tool
Mindmapping, Timelines, Drawing & Graphics
- Mind42.com - Mind-mapping in your browser
- FlockDraw - Collaborative whiteboard
- Dipity - find, create, and embed interactive timelines
- Xtimeline - xtimeline is a free, web-based timeline program that allows the author to create a timeline on any subject. Images can be imported from the web and text can be written by the author or added from online sources.
- Timeline - Document History. Timeline is great for pulling in media from different sources. It has built in support for pulling in Tweets and media from Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo, Google Maps and SoundCloud. More media types will be supported in the future. Creating one is as easy as filling in a Google spreadsheet or as detailed as JSON.
- Online Learning Tools - This document contains four worksheets of resources on the web for Content/Discipline-Specific Tools, Presentation & Graphics tools, Faculty Development tools, and Reference tools.
- SignUpGenius – Easy and free scheduling/coordinating for conferences, meetings, presentation scheduling, or tutoring sessions. The organizer must create an account with the site, but can choose whether or not to require those signing up to also have accounts.
Learnist – Tutorial site with pin-board layout pin-board layout; there is a robust education area, plus how-to information on wide variety of topics. Free, but a site account is required.
Presentation & Slidecasts
Mobile & Tablet Apps
Other Web 2.0 Tools